Tuesday, February 7, 2012

4 Months

Eric and I have been married for 4 months. We have been together for about 14 months, we have known each other for closer to 17 months. It's crazy to me how fast time flies!

I remember this time last year, of course because it was almost Valentine's Day, and we had been together for a couple of months, so the relationship was still pretty new. Because of my divorce, I wasn't interested in rushing or saying that we were going to be together forever, I figured for at least 3-4 months we were still trying each other on for size. Eric wasn't interested in going fast either, it only took him about 6 weeks for him to kiss me for the first time! Of course, because I'm a girl and a hopeless romantic, I probably knew on our first date that I had found Mr. Right, and all that was needed for us was time.

Anyway, his parent's were going to Hawaii for Valentine's Day (Still jealous!) and so he was going to have the house to himself. He invited me over to dinner and a romantic candlelit dinner.

I came over to the house, and he was standing in the kitchen finishing dinner. I hadn't been in the house more than 5 minutes when he looked at me sheepishly and said, "I wasn't going to tell you this, but..." and lifted the leg of his jeans to reveal a blood soaked band-aid and a trail of fresh blood dribbling down his leg! He explained that he had been cutting firewood for our romantic fire and had accidentally hit his knee with the back end of the hatchet, which had ruined his jeans and left a gaping hole.

"You need stitches!" I told him. He refused to go to the clinic and get them, or to go to an insta-care and get them. He got another band-aid, and we proceeded with our Valentine's Day dinner date with me commenting every 5 minutes to go get some stiches!!

Well, it took about 3 months for his leg to heal and he still has a pretty masculine scar on his knee. And in a couple of years from now, I get to tell my children about my first Valentine's Day with their father.

It seems like the older I get the faster time goes by. A year used to be a long time, now it's not really any time at all! I can't wait to see what the next 4 months, 14 months, 18 months brings to my sweetheart and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment