Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Friend

I have a friend, Shelley. Her husband's name is Trevor, and their son's name is Luke.

Luke was born at 41 weeks gestation, he is a beautiful baby boy, and his spirit was taken to heaven before his mother delivered his body on this earth.

Shelley is my friend. I sometimes call her the coolest person I never met. I "met" Shelley through my darling sister in law, Katie, who met Shelley through the similar experience of having an angel baby. Because of Katie, I started reading Shelley's blog, and eventually "friended" her on Facebook. I have never met her in real life, and now that she has moved across the country from me, I probably won't meet her face to face any time soon.

But, I follow her blog like a raving fanatic, because as I read it I think, "It's as though she is taking the words out of my brain and putting them in her blog!" She is intelligent, passionate, eclectic, and beautiful inside and out. And so am I.

All joking aside, I recently read one of her posts that touched me. And more than I am usually touched when I read her blog. This post was about how she is dealing with her fear during her current pregnancy. The thing that I think is most inspiring about it is how very, very real it is. She doesn't sugar coat it, she doesn't withhold her thoughts or feelings. It is raw, and real, and that is really a beautiful thing.

I want to share it because regardless of the situation, we all experience fear in our lifetimes. Sometimes, it is irrational, sometimes it is a consequence of a previous action, always it is something we can overcome. The important thing about fear is to not let it govern our lives, EVER! Shelley is scared. She is scared something will go wrong. She is scared to experience the same heartache she felt when she lost Luke. She is scared she will forget, and she is scared she will remember. She's scared, but she is doing it anyway. And that is why Shelley is an incredible woman, and my personal hero.

Here is the link.
Enjoy!

A big thanks and a huge cyber HUG for Shelley, for letting me share her story!

1 comment:

  1. A big return of cyber hug here!

    I'm blushing at all your kind words. Thanks for making me feel like the coolest person you've never met :-)

    If some of my thoughts are the same as thoughts in your head and other people's heads, does it make you wonder how much more we all probably have in common with each other in this world?

    ReplyDelete